We highly recommend regular oral cancer screenings with Dr. Galina Zhukova because thousands of cases of oral cancer are diagnosed each year in the United States. With early detection, you can experience a better response to oral cancer treatment and receive a full recovery. We encourage you to learn the symptoms of oral cancer that prompt you to schedule a screening for the disease.
While your dental checkups with our doctor typically involve oral cancer screenings, you don’t have to wait until your next scheduled appointment to look for oral cancer. We encourage you to perform your own examinations of your mouth at home to detect any hints of a problem. During these screenings, consider the following possibilities:
– Unexplained oral growths such as lingering lesions, areas of erosion, bumps, lumps and rough patches
– Bleeding in the mouth and lack of clotting in oral wounds
– Numbness or loss of feeling in the head neck, face or mouth
– Feeling like you have a persistent lump or soreness in the throat
– Difficulty with speaking, eating, chewing and swallowing
– A sudden and unanticipated loss of weight
If you can report the presence of any of these symptoms, we encourage you to do so at Paramus Dental & Implant Center. Contact our office at 201-518-9795 today to receive an oral cancer screening in Rochelle Park, New Jersey, and discuss your health needs with our team.